Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Pimp Your Apron with Gelli Arts� Gel Printing Plates

Hi there and welcome to the Gelli Arts� blog!
It�s Birgit here and today I want to show you how you can easily pimp your apron in a few steps. And� NO sewing involved, everybody can do this!!


So, let�s start with what you need.
I used the Gelli Arts� Patch Printing Kit which includes almost everything you need. A Gelli Arts� gel printing plate, a brayer, a variety of patches, acrylic paints, fabric medium and printing materials. Besides that, I used the small round plate from the mini shapes set and some additional Gelli Arts� acrylic colors.


I started with adding color to the patches using the gel plate from the kit.











Then I applied the small round plate to an acrylic block and added a white circle to every printed patch. I printed 2 layers for a nice coverage.






I let the white paint dry and then added colors on top of the white circles, again using the small round plate.






After that I used the printing material from the kit to add a variety of texture and patterns to the printed circles.
















When all the paint was really dry, I ironed fusible web on the reverse side of the patches (follow instructions on the packaging) and then cut the patches if necessary to the right size.




I made a nice composition on the apron and when I was satisfied I ironed the patches with the fusible web back to the apron.

I started at the top of the pockets to make sure I got it all lined up nicely.







After applying all the patches I decided it needed something more and I created a �lace� border at the top of the patches using a foam stamp and acrylic paint.


I finished the apron by adding faux stitching using a paint marker.









I hope you enjoyed this tutorial and I would love to see your gelli printed aprons!

Wishing you happy Holidays and a colorful, creative and inspirational 2018!

Birgit

� 2018 by Gelli Arts�, LLC Philadelphia, PA
All rights reserved.



EmoticonEmoticon