Friday, February 5, 2016

A Valentines Project with Gelli� Prints � from Regina!!

Hello! I�m Regina, an artist and art educator, and a new member of Gelli Arts�. My passions are art and education and I love my jobs! You�ll find me here, sharing the blog with Joan, doing a project tutorial each month, starting with this Valentine mobile!

More and more Gelli� enthusiasts are asking, �What do I do next with my prints?� Well, here is a marvelous project idea to add a pop of color to your life while keeping with the upcoming holiday warmth! Use your Gelli� prints for a Valentine�s Day mobile that�s fun and easy to create for or with your loved ones!


I took some finished prints that showed some of my favorite monoprinting techniques � stencils, layers, texture tools, etc. � to use for this project. For extra dimension, I embellished my prints using Tulip Puffy Paint.





While you could use a single size heart cutout to create your mobile, I chose a more varied look. I decided on three different size hearts that I created the good old-fashioned way, by folding my paper in half, drawing half of a heart right on the fold, and then cutting it out. These original cutouts are the templates.


Trace the heart size you have chosen to use all over your monoprints and then use scissors to cut the hearts out! You are ready to begin your mobile!



You could add a more decorative touch to some of your hearts by using Nicole Quality Value Wavy Cut scissors along the edges. I love the delicate touch that these scissors add to the project! 


When making the Valentine mobile, figure out how you want the hearts to hang by sketching out your mobile concept.


Then, place the hearts on your worktable in a design similar to your sketch and assemble them to the fishing line using Glue Dots.




Next, securely tie the fishing line to the dowel rod. You might even consider adding a dab of hot glue to the knot for a little extra stability.


Lastly, you can add some decorative ribbon to your dowel rod to cover up the knots of the fishing line.




Festive and fun, right? 
If you give it a try, we�d love to see your results!

Please�share your prints and projects with us on our Facebook page, or on Instagram using the hashtag #gelliplate #gelliarts or #gelliprint. Tag us with @gelliarts on Instagram and Twitter too! We love to see what you're creating!!

Remember, we now have Gelli partners all over the world, so it's easier than ever to find a Gelli retailer near you!



Here are the materials used to create this mobile:

-Finished Gelli� prints
-Americana acrylic paint
-Golden Open acrylic paints
-DecoArt Dazzling Metallics
-Acrylic paint
-Tulip Puffy paint
-Fiskars scissors
-Nicole Quality Value decorative -Scissors
-Glue Dots adhesives
-36� dowel rod
-Fishing line
-Ribbon
-Hot glue

Have fun and happy printing!




EmoticonEmoticon